Tuesday, August 28, 2012

An explanation

The blog title caught your attention, didn't it?

For many years I have thought about writing a book called "My Life As An Oxymoron".  For some reason I figured the title would catch people's attention.  BUT, since I don't have a whole lot of time to write a book, I figured it was time to start a blog with the same concept.

The theme is contradiction.  Just like an oxymoron is "an epigrammatic effect, by which contradictory terms are used in conjunction", I feel like my life is also a contradiction.

Romans 7:15 sums it up perfectly: "I do not understand what I do.  For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do."

Why is it that...
     I abhor selfishness in my kids, but then I spent too much time on Facebook when I should be spending time with them?
     I chide my husband about purchasing chocolate covered frozen bananas and how important it is to have whole foods in our house (less than five ingredients or we make it ourselves), and then turn around and eat a snickers (it was a mini-one!)?
     I can trust God in the big things like Toby's surgeries, but yet I want to control all the decisions of every day life?
    I strive to live a godly life, yet fall short every day...

And that's what this blog is all about - falling short every day.  I want to share my thoughts on the contradictions in life, and cling to the mercy that God rains down on me every day.  Thankfully He is gracious and merciful.  He has cleansed away my sin when I chose to put my faith and trust in Him and now:
"His divine power has given us every thing we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness,"  (II Peter 1:3)  He gives me everything I need to strive to live my life perfectly for His glory.   

So here goes...




4 comments:

  1. Is there a way to follow your blog?! I LOVE it!!! Kayla (Aiden's Momma)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I added the gadget - was getting it up and running!

      Delete
  2. love this! maybe that book will come out of the blog! great idea! and so true for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome...thank you for sharing this idea with all of us!

    ReplyDelete